Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
Packages materials and products, manually
Receives, stores, and distributes products within establishments by performing the following duties.
- Loads and unloads trucks for common carrier, will call customers, and transfer trucks.
- Inspects returned material before stocking.
- Package tubing according to packing standards
- Use overhead crane, drive forklift, and familiar with banding machine
- Checks existing inventory for accuracy before stocking new material.
- Comply with Safety, Shop, and housekeeping regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic to calculate in all units of measures. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Active Listening — Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Reasoning – Ability to apply common sense, understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Mathematical Reasoning — Ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Oral Comprehension — Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Oral Expression — Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Language –Ability to write simple correspondence
- Speech Clarity — Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Comprehension — Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Related on-the-job experience.
- Job Training: Usually needs one – three months of training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers.
- Overall Experience: Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to apply for the position or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact Gabe Muñoz at (213) 576-2426 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
JOB APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this position, the candidate must submit their resume to email@example.com and specify the position for which they are applying in the subject line or body of the email.