Sr Manager, Technical Staff
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
The Sr. Technical Manager is an integral member of the Reliance Technology Solutions (RTS) team and is responsible for managing the Development and Database Administration staff in the Product Management group. This individual will provide guidance in handling medium-to-complex technical development initiatives. The Sr. Technical Manager must have a strong understanding of development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and design techniques.
The Sr. Technical Manager will lead and motivate a team of Application and ETL Developers focused on the design, delivery and support of application and integration related technologies. In addition, the Sr. Technical Manager will also coach and manage Database Administrators focused on the design, delivery and support of SQL Server, Informix and Oracle databases.
To be successful in this role, the Sr. Technical Manager must build and maintain strong and strategic partnerships across the organization, quickly gaining an understanding of business needs so better services and processes are provided in support of business growth and stability. The role will work closely with other teams to drive the design, build and deployment of strategic solutions to meet business demands. The Sr. Technical Manager must lead their team to achieve goals and milestones by fostering trust and engaging in open, respectful and transparent communication.
SUPPLEMENTAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership – Displays initiative, effort, and commitment in carrying out the organization’s mission.
Team Building - Consistently encourages, develops, sustains, and rewards cooperative working relationships; understands team dynamics and how to facilitate good teamwork.
People Management - Effectively recruits, develops, utilizes, evaluates, and rewards employees.
Strategic Minded – Defines and delivers strategy for area of responsibility taking into account the overall organization's strategy.
Business Acumen – The ability to understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
Functional / Technical Expertise - Possesses required functional and technical skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Partnering/Networking – Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside and outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support to achieve common goals.
Managing Change - Embrace and champion change, adapting to and helping others through the change process
Results Focus - Knowing what outcomes are required and focusing self and team members on delivering the results.
Knowledge Management - Ensures that the right information is provided to the right people at the right time to make the right decisions.
Conflict Management - Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a positive and constructive manner in order to minimize adverse impact.
Problem Solving - Ability to problem solve through problem identification (what is the problem), solution assessment (what can be done), problem documentation (document for future) and problem response (implementing a solution).
Accountability – Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained to safeguard the integrity of the organization.
Communication - Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
Customer Focus - Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers by listening to the customer, understanding and responding to their needs.
Decision making - Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering required
- Advanced degree a plus
- A team player with integrity, passion, initiative, and leadership ability
- Highly organized, multi-tasking capabilities, and commitment to detail
- High degree of initiative and professionalism
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required
- 7+ years of experience in software and integration (ETL) architecture, design, development and deployment of technology solutions including data, business and user services in large, complex enterprises required
- Hands on experience in database design and development with a minimum 7 years of logical and physical data modeling for the enterprise required
- Informatica integration experience required
- Experience in a data warehouse environment a plus
- Understanding of advanced web-based architectures required
- Advanced knowledge of SQL programming and tuning and Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases required
- Experience with Informix Databases a plus
- Good knowledge of shell, Perl or equivalent scripting language required
- Broad experience utilizing varying project methodologies and SDLC management required
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures required
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills; must have the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience required
- Experience managing geographically-dispersed teams, with ability to hire, lead, develop and retain top talent
- Experience with collaborating in a multiple stakeholder environment including internal teams, vendors, third parties, and sub-contractors required
- A demonstrated record of partnership with teams across the organization and influence to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to apply for the position or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact Gabe Muñoz at (213) 576-2426 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
JOB APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this position, the candidate must submit their resume by clicking the "Apply Now" button.