Responsible for analyzing and maintaining SAP master data, monitoring material data, analyzing the storage, use, transport of materials, and inventory. Determining and setting material planning groups. Lead and participate in the creation, planning and analysis of master data records in the SAP Material Master, and other systems of record for master data. Prepare and participate in demand planning meeting and forecasting SIOP meetings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Design or implement supply chains that support environmental policies.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
- Some travel is required (less than 20%). Must be able to obtain an international travel passport.