The plant controller position functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the local business. The role is accountable for plant-level responsibilities including extensive financial analysis, some cost accounting, and bill of materials, sales analysis, financial reporting and sales management reports. Will also liaison with corporate and regional financial staff, as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Responsible for helping with internal controls at the operations.
- Analyze and accurately report current month's financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Submit all location reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Report audit results as needed.
- Assist with bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Assist with the maintenance a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a daily basis.
- Attend daily location meetings as required.
- Work with location management to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Conduct formal meetings with manufacturing, finance and sales management personnel to discuss all location issues. Develop and publish a formal agenda and recap with actions to be taken.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Assist in the completion of special projects.
- Involved in S&OP process to bridge sales and operational planning activities and insure variance dialogue and action plans with sales team.
- Follow, deploy and comply with Grundfos projects with Bridging Group and regional requirements into Local solutions
- Take part of build-up function around business partnering for ETO/MTO
- Obvious choice as partner for the Sales & Operation organization
Education and Industry Experience:
Educational background within Accounting or Finance (BA or MA level) and three to five plus years of experience working as business partner within business controlling in an operations manufacturing environment.
- Solid experience from a global finance organization in a large international company preferred.
- Audit background and/or experience with ERM in a compliance function is an advantage.
- Good understanding of all key business processes across functional areas.
- Must be able to manage cash flows in foreign currency, to understand currency exposures to the business and balance sheet, and to offset these risks (in close co-operation with Management and Grundfos Group bank).
- Working experience in SAP is an advantage.
- Fluent in English (written and orally).
- Must be able to travel up to 15%-20% both domestic and internationally and maintain a valid passport.