Healthcare Consultant – Informa | Pharma Intelligence, New York, NY
Informa Pharma Intelligence has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Healthcare Consultant to join us in the development of our practice in New York. This is an excellent opportunity for a hardworking, diligent individual to join an international consulting team, learn from our experienced Directors and Principal Consultants, and to develop a career as an expert in this field. You will deliver insightful analysis on issues across the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors, producing high quality analyses and recommendations to help address our clients’ most pressing business questions.
Pharma Consulting is a specialized pharmaceutical and healthcare consultancy. We inform investment, development, and commercial decisions across the world for some of the largest pharmaceutical companies, as well as biotech and specialty companies. As part of the Informa family, our consultants have access to best-in-class information assets, experts across numerous therapeutic and functional areas, and a team of peers with exceptional consulting experience. As data, analytics, and business intelligence is becoming an ever more important element in the broader healthcare industry, we offer an opportunity to become intimately familiar with the information most relevant to biopharmaceutical companies and learn how to utilize this asset for all kinds of business decisions.
As a Healthcare Consultant, your key responsibilities will be:
- Deliver insightful analysis by following a structured and logical approach to secondary data collection, collating disease- and market-specific data and assessing the key drivers of market movement
- Under the direction of project directors, assist in and eventually lead the development of primary market research materials
- Conduct primary market research interviews and develop concise reports of all findings
- Develop complex forecast models in Microsoft Excel
- Participate in project delivery either via teleconference or in-person client meetings and assist in communicating all findings to the client
- Work with more senior members of the Consulting team to develop project proposals and actionable work plans that reflect the client’s needs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to dive into detail and analyze key issues, identify insights, and develop actionable recommendations
- The ability to interpret and integrate data and information to develop clear, logical, and conclusive analysis
- Experience in researching and sourcing information from within and outside of internal company resources
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal; proven client presentation skills are preferred but not required
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel, including the ability to build or interpret complex forecasting models is required
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1 to 2 years of experience with information-based consulting or 1 to 2 years of experience as a business analyst within the healthcare, medtech, and/or pharmaceutical industries
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the fields of life-science, math, or finance; a Master’s degree (MBA or MSc) is an advantage but not essential
- An ability to work well as part of a team, showing flexibility and the capacity to multi-task across a range of projects with varying degrees of complexity
- A can do attitude and the ability to stay motivated and look for solutions when problems/challenges arise
- Commercial awareness, communication skills, rigor in analysis and reporting, flexibility and cultural sensitivity are key factors for a Consultant’s success within Informa Pharma Consulting
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
Informa’s Business Intelligence (BI) division provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
BI has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within five core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Maritime & Law and Agribusiness & Commodities.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.