Network Engineer III - VoIP
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
The Network Engineer III-VoIP is responsible for administration, monitoring, and support all aspects of the network including deployment, operations, maintenance and troubleshooting high complexity application issues that may be network related. The Network Engineer III-VoIP will design and create network systems and architectures. In addition, the Network Engineer III-VoIP will analyze current processes and procedures for possible improvement as well as develop and maintain documentation of their assigned environment. The Network Engineer III-VoIP is the primary IT contact for Reliance business units and will provide escalation response for issues.
Network Engineering - Knowledge of the architecture and typology of network, software, and hardware, including telecommunications systems, their components and associated protocols and standards, and how they operate and integrate with other systems.
- Assist the team with deployment, operations, and maintenance of network technologies
- Review existing technologies for vendor support and end-of-life information
- Contribute to defining systems and creating architectures
- Design and creates systems and architectures
- Support the deployment, testing, operations, and maintenance of network technologies
- Contribute to identifying migration path needs
- Models solutions of varying complexities, and creates strategies that consider all aspects of the customer's requirements and problem
- Innovates and works to resolve problems that are ambiguous
- Frame the essence of the customer’s issue, and builds scalable and adaptable solutions, while considering the larger stakeholder community
- Present unbiased positions to customer, and explains complex ideas in understandable term
- Gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, and ensures traceability to source requirements
- Prior to commitment to change, considers impact and mitigates and addresses any issues
- Technical Support - Ability to understand internal/external customer technologies and problem resolution techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of routine techniques, skills, equipment, and procedures
- Apply knowledge to identify and proactively responds to low complexity problems
- Work to develop additional technical knowledge and skills
- Administer, monitors and supports all aspects of the network environment
- Troubleshoot and correct high complexity problems that affect operation of the environment
- Develop and maintain documentation of their assigned environment
- Anticipate problems; sees how a problem and its solution will affect other areas
- Conducts analysis for possible improvements, prepares reports, and works on project implementation.
- Provide support, troubleshoot, Install and Configure routers, switches, Unified communications and related technologies
- Evaluate new technology as potential solutions to existing problems
- Provide deployment and implementation services of Cisco Unified Communications solutions including Cisco UCS, Unified Communications Manager/CME, Unity Connection/Express, UCCX, Presence, Cisco Jabber, Emergency Responder, Expressway, WebEx and various IP and Video endpoints
- Combine data, voice, and video traffic on a single network. Conduct analysis to ensure productivity improvement and functionality of mobility products associated with convergence. Perform complex technical analysis of Voice communication services utilizing IP devices
- Serve as technical liaison with vendors
- Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Assist personnel in other RTS departments to resolve technical and/or application issues
Conducts analysis, prepares reports, and works on project implementation.
Provide support, troubleshoot, Install and Configure routers, switches
Provide support, troubleshoot, Install Unified Communications and related technologies
- Other duties as requested
Problem Solving - Ability to problem solve through problem identification (what is the problem), solution assessment (what can be done), problem documentation (document for future) and problem response (implementing a solution).
- Frame problems before trying to solve them
- Seek advice from those who have solved similar problems
- Follow up to ensure that the problem has been resolved
- Document and disseminate identification and resolution of problems to avoid future redundant work efforts
- Break down problems and identify all of their components
- Provide insight into the root-causes of problems
- Anticipate problems and is proactive in addressing them
- Ask perceptive questions to seek optimal solutions
- Involve the team in problem solving
- Generate a range of solutions and courses of action with benefits, costs, and risks associated with each
- Explore various sources for answers, and thinks "outside the box" to find options
- Open to other's ideas to help develop solutions
- Help others cultivate their problem solving skills
Decision making - Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals.
- Gather data and others' input when making decisions
- Consider lessons learned from experience, differing needs, and the impact of the decision on others
- Escalate decisions when appropriate
- Balance analysis, insight, experience, and perspective when making decisions
- Find solutions that are acceptable to diverse groups with conflicting interests and needs
- Weigh pros and cons of each option before making a decision and moving forward
- Can explain the rationale for a decision
- Followsup to ensure decision was implemented
Customer Service - Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers by listening, understanding and responding to their needs.
- Provide service to internal and external customers to satisfy their needs and expectations
- Listen to concerns and resolve reported issues effectively and promptly
- Ensure and comply to customer response timeline (SLAs) based on the severity of reported issues including documenting concise and accurate status information in the Service Now ticketing system
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Anticipate customer’s needs and move to effectively address issues
- Establish relationship with customers providing education as appropriate
- Deliver high quality solutions
- Elicit feedback from customers
- Assist in creating strategies to help the organization serve customers
Building Collaborative Relationships - Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
- Establish rapport with co-workers easily
- Work with others to achieve goals
- Listen and respond constructively to other team members' ideas
- Encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust and group identity
- Foster commitment and team spirit
- Be open with other team members about his/her concerns
- Share his/her expertise with others
- Acknowledges team members for their contributions
- Provide assistance to others when they need it
- Work for solutions that all team members can support.
- Effectively persuade and influence team members to achieve goals
- Seek to resolve confrontations and disagreements constructively
Accountability - Holds self-accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- Facilitate between own functional area and areas below or above in the project stream as needed.
- Set well-defined and realistic goals
- Comply with established policies and procedures
- Accept responsibility for mistakes
- Take ownership of successful outcome of work assignments/projects through collaborative efforts with team
- Minimize re-work
- Seek out learning opportunities
- Identify training needs and take action to obtain knowledge
- Persistently push self and others for results
- Help others
- Provide consistency between projects
- Allocate work were applicable
- Anticipate and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
- Is enthusiastic for the things he/she sees as challenging
- Display a high-level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments
Company Business Knowledge - Understands the company, its products and the business processes.
- Use broad Reliance business knowledge and integrates it into optimal technology solutions for business processes.
Communication - Ability to communicate effectively across all levels to support departmental and organizational objectives.
- Clearly express information taking into account audience and nature of the information (for example, non-technical, sensitive, and controversial)
- Ask questions and summarize what was heard to prevent miscommunication
- Present information in a concise and focused manner
- Listen to others
- Communicate written information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner
- Produce written information, which may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience
- Share ideas and perspectives and encourages others to do the same
- Keep others informed of new developments
- Tailor communications to audience to have the desired effect
Leadership – Displays effort and commitment in carrying out the department’s goals and objectives.
- Act in a proactive and achievement-oriented manner
- Treat co-workers in a fair and equitable manner
- Behave in a tactful, compassionate, and sensitive manner
- Empower others by sharing information
- Actively listen and clarify information as needed
- Foster an atmosphere of open communication
- Guide others toward goal accomplishment.
- Consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people in different situations.
- Share best practices and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field required
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels within an organization
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering and supporting large, carrier grade, multisite network deployments required
- Expert-level experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Version 9.x or higher) required
- 5+ years’ experience with switch translations, session management, session border controllers, SIP Lines/Trunks, and media gateways preferred
- 2+ years of working experience with cisco unity, jabber, and contact center required
- 2+ years of experience with deploying and supporting collaboration tools using integrated voice, video, and data architectures required
- Familiar with database concepts and client/server concepts
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in an enterprise business environment
- Current CCNP and/or Voice certification
- Functional knowledge of core networking concepts required
- Proficient technical documentation skills
- Working knowledge and experience in layer 3 routing protocols: RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP required.
- Proficient Knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet technologies, IP routing and routing protocols, multicast, Unix/Linux systems, network security technologies and carrier network architectures
- Proficient knowledge working with Campus Core, WAN Routing and Switching
- Basic knowledge working with Packet Analysis and network monitoring tools
- Proficient hands-on technical knowledge in Cisco Unity and Call Center Express
- 5+ years’ technical knowledge of PSTN, VoIP, T1/PRI, MPLS, and systems inter-connectivity preferred
- 5+ years’ technical knowledge in H.323, SIP, & MGCP preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with software vendors such as Micro-call, Calabrio, and Akkadians preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with telecom/data carrier provisioning, billing, and troubleshooting procedures required
- 3+ years’ experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, and security practices preferred
- 3+ years’ experience supporting a multi-facility environment preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to apply for the position or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact Gabe Muñoz at (213) 576-2426 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
JOB APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this position, the candidate must submit their resume by clicking the "Apply Now" button.