Mechanic I - Eugene
We are looking for a Mechanic I to perform preventative maintenance on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks. This position requires a basic knowledge of vehicle systems to be able to perform routine preventative maintenance and equipment repairs.
- Routine vehicle preventative maintenance inspections and adjustments.
- Repair malfunctioning components, retrofit engines, change brakes, adjust steering systems, replace worn-out parts, and change hydraulic fluids.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Perform a variety of routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and changing tires.
- Adjustments and light repairs such as: tire changes, light changes, and basic electrical work.
- Complete all applicable company training programs.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- One year of experience in a maintenance role.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification preferred.
- Experience working with heavy transportation vehicles, aircraft or ships preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the industry’s best safety practices.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office email and hours-of-service management systems.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Aflac, Pre-paid legal, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and PTO.
We are an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at www.carsonteam.com/careers