We are looking for a Lead Mechanic to provide direction to a group of mechanics, to ensure that all repairs and maintenance of equipment are performed in compliance with our safety standards and applicable federal and state regulations. The Lead Mechanic will be responsible for diagnosing more complex repair work and will provide coaching and development to the team.
- Coordinate mechanics engaged in the repair and service of trucks and equipment.
- Schedule and assign work.
- Provide technical guidance to mechanics.
- Review requests for repair; help determine problems and recommended solutions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the diagnosis, repair and troubleshooting of engines, transmissions, electrical systems, HVAC systems, fuel systems, brake systems, and suspension systems.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Lead or Supervisor role.
- Minimum of 3 years as a heavy-duty diesel mechanic.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification (T1-T8) preferred.
- Experience working with heavy transportation vehicles, aircraft or ships preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the industry’s best safety practices.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office email and hours-of-service management systems.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license, Class A or B preferred.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Aflac, Pre-paid legal, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and PTO.
We are an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.