HVAC Service Technician
Carson has an immediate opening for a HVAC Service Technician to join our heating and cooling team in NW Portland.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customer.
- Diagnose and repair electronic, mechanical, and electrical component systems
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer recommendations and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is needed
- Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional
- Ability to analyze a variety of problems and work independently
- Provide prompt, efficient service and communicate your actions to the customer.
- Learn, maintain, and operate all processes associated with the position including paperwork and scheduling.
- Manage preventative and predictive maintenance tasks as directed.
- Responsible to report to work at the scheduled time; be a team member, who can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner; be conscientious about assignments.
- Maintain a team environment with other employees and departments.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and friendly atmosphere.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 – 3 years’ experience required
- Knowledge of HVAC tools, materials, test equipment, knowledge of repair, maintenance, and installation techniques
- Be familiar with a wide range of equipment and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience making repair and replace decisions
- Customer service mentality, team oriented, and willing to “pitch in” where necessary
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills with the ability to explain the benefits of various solutions
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Environment and Physical Requirements
- Able to frequently lift 25-50lbs.
- Complete repetitive motion (extending reaching, pushing/pulling, bending, twisting > 30x’s per hour)
- Climb vertical ladders, crawling under equipment
- Work with chemicals and/or chemical related fumes
- Require welding, cutting, brazing, or working with open flame
- Work with compressed gas cylinders or tanks; cranes; pressure washers
- Perform maintenance or servicing on powered (energized) equipment (pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical)
- Transport fuels or compressed gases; transporting hazardous waste
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Aflac, Pre-paid legal, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and PTO.
Carson is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.