Geospatial Analyst/RDBMs Developer
Mason, Bruce & Girard
The Geospatial Analyst/RDBMs Developer serves as an important member of MB&G's Geospatial Team. The team provides a full range of geospatial, software and database solutions and support for multi-disciplinary projects. The Geospatial Analyst/RDBMs Developer will assist in the development of a range of geospatial applications and software extensions. In this role you will perform the following tasks:
- Perform quality control of National Applications GIS Data and other corporate data
- Gather spatial and tabular data from a large variety of complex National databases
- Use ArcGIS and PL/SQL developer software to create/update/enhance data quality scripts
- Follow policies and procedures for national corporate data
- Understand and follow Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs) to maintain forest data layers in national corporate format.
- Use ArcGIS software skills and Python to update older technology workflows, as well as create new Python Scripts to automate GIS processes
- Use PL/SQL Developer and MS Access software to create and develop custom outputs from National Application data.
- Support data management projects
- Work with National subject matter experts (SMEs), programmers, developers, and end users to resolve problems or create a usable work around solution for regional implementation of data
- Attend meetings and serve as GIS team member for related projects, includes site visits
- Work with developers to validate and test new software versions and emergency releases of National Applications
- Create, maintain and organize user training in defined areas and the training efforts of others using a variety of delivery mechanisms (hard copy, virtual sessions, and recorded modules using Camtasia software).
- Support data management and geodatabase design projects
- Perform ArcGIS geodatabase design, Oracle database design and formatted output reports, tables/display tasks using MS Access as assigned by numerous Project Managers
- Submit proposals for process improvements.
- Perform other duties as necessary
To excel in the position of Geospatial Analyst/RDBMs Developer, you should possess the following skills and experience:
- Advanced relational database management skills
- Proficiency with PL/SQL database programming language
- Development experience with scripting languages including Python
- Expertise with GIS analysis and technology including ESRI software, specifically ArcGIS 10.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Access.
- Ability to understand and implement logic within Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs)
- Experience automating workflows
- Experience with software validation and testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Well organized
- Knowledge of USFS GIS data structures, National Application structures, and other agency structures including NHD and LSRS/ALP datasets a plus