Assistant Controller, Reliance Divisions
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
Under the general supervision of the Group Controller, incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Reliance Division Accounting Department in ensuring accuracy of financial reports, completing various accounting duties associated with day to day transactions, the month end general ledger close, monthly preparation/review of accounting reconciliations/schedules, and timely completion of various projects for 25+ locations.
- Responsible for the overall accuracy and completeness of financial reporting and the application of proper accounting in accordance with company-wide policies and procedures
- Provide support to the Division Accounting Department to ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly accounting close responsibilities as well as non-recurring projects
- Responsible for the month end close process, including, but not limited to: financial analysis, review and completion of general ledger entries, sub-ledger reconciliations, account analysis, bank reconciliations, cash receipts reconciliations, fixed assets, and inventory reserves
- Direct and regular communication with division personnel to research and resolve issues, provide accounting guidance as needed and answer questions related to financial statements, internal and external audit issues, and corporate reporting requirements
- Coordinate and be the single point of contact for information needs of Legal, Tax, Human Resources, Operations, and other departments. Evaluate such information to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- Ensure proper controls are in place and operating effectively at the division field locations and in the Corporate Office. Identify and evaluate risks. Implement changes as appropriate.
- Work with Division Management to implement and oversee any remediation or process changes necessary due to Internal Audit findings or other Corporate wide policies
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Provide on-going and timely support to Corporate Management with any requests and/or analysis of division operating results
- Participate and contribute to various projects as determined by the Group Controller including but not limited to: ERP system implementations and process efficiency/improvement projects
- Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule and evening/weekend hours in order to meet month-end close or project deadlines.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with adhoc tasks as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Detail oriented, well organized with strong analytical skills
- Able to learn quickly
- Able to manage multiple projects effectively
- Self-starter who works equally well individually and in a team environment
- Must be flexible and adaptable to quick changing business priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting/finance role in a professional environment required
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to apply for the position or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact Gabe Muñoz at (213) 576-2426 or e-mail email@example.com to request an accommodation.
JOB APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this position, the candidate must submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position for which they are applying in the subject line or body of the email.